For us to truly transform and live the abundant life we must receive the word of God.
It’s not enough for us to attend church and only hear God’s word being taught to us. We must receive God’s word into our hearts and apply it to our lives.
Below are 10 keys that when applied will help you develop in receiving God’s word.
1. We must desire to live a Godly life
Living a Godly lifestyle is not what you think. It’s not wearing a long robe and no makeup. Living a Godly life is about believing God and desiring Him above everything else. Living a Godly life will cause you to develop confidence in who God created you to be. You will no longer compare yourself to others and be obsessed with material things in the world. Why? Because you trust God and are confident that all of your provision will come from him. Stop wavering and wanting to be like the world! Delight yourself in God and He will give you the desires of your heart. (1 Timothy 4:14-15)
2. We must fight for our development
We must keep our roots in God and trust Him no matter what’s going on around us. God knows the perfect time to bring blessings into our lives. Don’t quit trusting God by taking things into your own hands. Be in a position of thanksgiving and allow God to develop you, while your blessing is on the way. (Colossians 2:6-7 ampc)
- We must allow God to stretch us
We can’t get comfortable with where we are in life. God is always desiring to stretch us so that we can do more for His kingdom. Remember, we are blessed to be a blessing until all families of the Earth have been blessed. Allow God to stretch you, so that you will be able to produce more than you can think ask or even imagine!(Isaiah 54:2-3)
- We must know that it’s more than our lives that’s on the lineIt’s about more than just us. God has called us to influence others and He has placed special gifts and talents on the inside of each and every one of us! Focus and don’t neglect the gift God has placed inside of you. Your gift is designed to make someone’s life better!
( 1 Timothy 4:14-15)
- We must know that we are no longer childrenWe can’t be selfish! We must put away childish behavior and focus on what God wants versus only focusing on what we want.
(1 Corinthians 13:11)
- We must know that this work is of GodWe must know and have an awareness of what God is doing in us, in our ministry, and in our families. The work that we are doing will not only make our lives better, but it will also take the lives of others to the next level! When we are doing ministry work we are doing a great thing! Our labor for God is never wasted, futile, or to no purpose. Nothing we do for God is in vain! (1 Corinth 15:58) It always produces!
- We must know that we please God when we live an abundant lifeIt’s not God’s desire for us to live paycheck to paycheck. He doesn’t want us struggling and barely making ends meet. It’s God’s desire to do us good and make us happy. He wants to take us from glory to glory. Stop being obsessed with the destination and learn to enjoy the journey. Enjoy life and don’t focus on past failures. We never lose, we either win or we learn!
- We must know that true development requires a fight and it requires us pressing inIf we want to live an abundant life, we must make a decision to spend time reading God’s word and renewing our mind, exchanging our thoughts for God’s thoughts. We must make a decision that we are going to live on the believing side of life no matter what’s going on around us!
- We must know that everything must be rooted in the bigger, greater vision of God and loveGod’s love is all about giving others the advantage and not taking advantage. We must be focused on others and desire to see God work in other people’s lives, not just our own. Always remember, when “me” becomes “we” amazing things happen!
- We must know that when we stay connected to God we will always produce good fruitWhoever lives in God will produce abundant fruit! We must stay connected to Him. Apart from Him we can do nothing but fail and be frustrated with life! Trust God, you will find that in Him you will have everything you need and desire!
After you’ve been developed in receiving the word of God, you will begin experiencing several benefits, noted below.
Benefits of Receiving God’s Word
- It has the power to transform character in the lives of people. Psalms 19:7
- It has the power to cleanse our hearts. Psalms 119:9, Ephesians 5:25-26
- It has the power to keep us from being sin consciousness. Psalms 119:11
- It allows power to be imparted in us and our faith to become deeply rooted. Romans 10:17
- It has the power to feed, nourish, and build us up. Acts 20:32, Peter 2:2
- It gives us guidance and wisdom. Proverbs 1:5
- It gives us assurance and confidence. 2 Peter 1:2-4
The word of God is only alive and active in the lives of people that believe and receive it. Make a decision today to receive God’s word so that you can live the abundant life!
1 Thessalonians 2:9-13 AMPC, Hebrews 4:12